Sunday, July 25, 2010

London Calling: Emma´s Birthday

Em is one of my besties, who has set up home in ol´ London town. I miss her dearly but London seems to agree with her (maybe not in the colder months, luckily for me she gets aways from the cold by coming home!).

Anyhoo, it was her birthday last week. Now being eco, we bang on about buying local. So what happens when the gift recipient is overseas? Even though the gift is small, sending something from Melbourne to London still contributes to air travel miles, right? So for the convenience as well as expanding the green chic love, I went on the search for UK ethical/environmental online stores. I did come across several but it was Love Eco that appealed to me the most. A UK based online store selling ethical and eco-friendly alternatives that are in touch with modern life and trends.

I have always luved Robert Indiana´s famous LoVE design, so when I saw it printed on a cushion at Love Eco, I knew I had found the gift for Em.

What I also like about Love Eco is they tell you the eco-ness of each item they stock.

The LoVE cushion:
  • Handmade in the UK.
  • Cover is made from felt that is made from recycled plastic bottles
  • Inner cushion is made from recycled fibre filling covered in organic cotton muslin (both also made in the UK).
Thanks so much Becky (@loveeco) founder of Love Eco, for all your communication and help! It was such a pleasure dealing with this lovely being and she was ever so accommodating with my extra requests!



No comments:

Post a Comment