Sunday, July 4, 2010

$2 a day challenge

Live Below the Line Challenge is a campaign teaching Australians how to live below the poverty line. For me, I decided to take on the challenge as I think it will also help me better understand my consumption patterns.

The challenge is to eat for less than $2 a day for 5 days. Fortunately, everything can be proportionated in the calculation. So if you buy a loaf of bread and eat one slice, only the value of that slice is acknowledged in the equation and not the full price of the loaf.

Everyone who I´ve told thinks I´m crazy for doing this but it´s only for five days, which is nothing compared to the 1.4 billions people who faces the same challenge everyday.

Although the actual challenge is set for 2nd to 6th August, I will start trialling it from tomorrow. The sooner I come to the realization, maybe the sooner I can make the change.


No comments:

Post a Comment