Sunday, July 11, 2010

Green By Design 10 piece Challenge

Yes, another challenge. It seems that I am a sucker for challenges. But what I´m finding is that these challenges are helping me better understand my consumption patterns, which is quite essential if I am to live a sustainable life.

Green By Design Summer Light Challenge is about challenging ourselves to pick ten garments and wear only those garments the entire Summer: 10 pieces for 91 days (accessories and underthings not included, of course). With the motto ¨simplify your fashion equation, identify your signature, consume less, live more¨, I am intrigued.

However, as it is not Summer here in icy cold winter Melbourne, so I have chosen to adapt this challenge accordingly and again complete a trial run before Summer 2011 hits! Yes I do like trial runs as I get to ease myself into it!

So this is how I´m revising the challenge to make it Winter friendly. In addition to the 10 garments I will add 2 thermo wool tops, one dark and one beige, which ought to keep me snugged. The duration of the challenge will also be shorten. I will start tomorrow and continue until the end of month. That means throughout the State of Design Festival you will pretty much be seeing me in the same clothes! I promise you I will do some laundry!

The 10 Garments:




The extras for Winter (the woolies):



No comments:

Post a Comment