Monday, July 19, 2010

Design Made Trade - State of Design festival



On the weekend I made my way over to the Design Made Trade exhibition, which is a part of the State of Design festival. State of Design festival showcases how design generates innovation, promotes sustainability and adds value to business and society. Promotes sustainability, I like the sound of that! And so true it does.

At the Design Made Trade, I was amazed by how much use there was for paper/cardboard. It was fascinating to see what can be created with recycled paper. From sturdy tables and stools to stall booths, the options were endless. What´s even ideal is having the convenience to flat pack for easy storage or transportation. This is what Change in Design is all about. Using goods that already exist and creating something that agrees/suits our lives now.



What I fell in luv with however was this upcycled table and stool set by BlueBottle3. Picture says it all. So so cute, kinda rustic and perfect for round table feast and discussions! My kinda thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment