Monday, July 19, 2010

Half year house clean

So my last post was about embarking on a new project called ThreeChics. When this idea was conceived, I had visioned this project to be a record of re-con trips, no biggie, I enjoy roadtrips and off-track adventures. But when things are planned to schedule and deadlines set, that to me is not re-con. I´m a great believer in letting things happen, going with the flow, happy go lucky, so when these elements are threatened, I tend to lose myself and stop appreciating the things I truly care about. Having taken a huge step to rearrange my life by going from full-time to part-time work, I am not willing to now go back to a dog eat dog world. I really do want the slow life, the sea change, alfresco dining and cheap laughs! So I have decided to forgo ThreeChics.

I don´t regret the ARKit habitation experience, it was definitely an experience and any opportunistic platform to push the green agenda is always welcomed. Having kick started the green movement that is the ThreeChics, is an achievement in itself. To continue would mean sacrificing things I value highly, which I´m not willing to do. Plus I´m too old to take on too many projects. I rather just let things happen. As life has shown me, things seriously do happen when you are true to yourself and just let things be.

It´s still exciting times. Melbourne Fringe project is HUGE and I am in so awe to be a part of such an amazing team. And to be pushing the green movement is just tops. But wait there´s more. Look out for eco-chic articles popping up here and there by yours truly.

So all is good on my front. Life is a learning curve, you learn what you like and you learn what you don´t. You learn what is important to you and what´s important to others. But so long as you do things with passion and sincerity, good things will come your way. Don´t you love karma? I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment