Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Winter Woolie

Trying to live sustainably also involves consuming sustainably. While I could use the excuse 'with the weather being so damn cold I need a new Winter wardrobe', I decided to rework my Summer gear to be Winter friendly. Why keep good clothes stored away? So I take to the layering trend. The only problem which is a major problem is that it doesn´t give you any warmth. So maybe I do need 5 new sweaters and 5 new long sleeves? Of course not! What I do need and end up buying is a long sleeve Australian merino wool thermo undergarment which I will say I have worn as an outer garment, I call it versatility! Back to the layering but now I'm now warm and toasty thanks to my winter woolie!

I bought this one from the Queen Vic Market. I love the Queen Vic. You can grab yourself a filling borek from the deli for $2.50 (2 vegie options on offer yay!) or plonk yourself down at Invita, a wholefoods cafe offering freshly prepared gluten free vegetarian/vegan foods made on premises with organic ingredients wherever possible.

Life is good sometimes, especially when it´s easy on the pocket!

1 comment:

  1. Love it - I need a new thermal to layer under suits at work - thanks for the heads up Carrie!
    And yes the spicey potato boreks are a fave too!

    ReplyDelete