Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Shoe Shine Shoe

Today is my bro's birthday. Happy Birthday Kev! This blog goes out to you!!

So what does the sister who shuns the 9-5 standard give the dotting father of 2 (both under the age of 3) who works at executive level? Well, obviously a "green" chic gift! But what could it be??

Shoe Shine Shoe, founded from centuries old trade but given a contemporary spin, is proving a big hit amongst the movers and shakers of Melbourne. They offer a walk-in shoe shine service, a drop off service and an in-house service for those with a corporate account.

Now, I know a shoe shine ain't ranked high or ranked at all as a priority for my bro, tho it really should as don't they say you can tell a lot by a man from his shoes?!

So I toddle off to its Rialto Towers headquarters to "create" the gift. You see, they don't offer gift vouchers but being so lovely, Kate (the owner) and Sam (her right hand man) were more than happy to make it work. To give a service and not a potential landfill item is a relief for this green chick. And at $10 a shine, I reckon I can shout my bro a few!


* Shoe Shine Shoe doesn't have to be a bloke's gift but seeing we sheila's have greater choice in gifts, I thought this would be very appropriate for a male!

* Handmade card from Arts Centre Sunday market

No comments:

Post a Comment