Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thrifty Thursday - part 1

So we have Mondayitis, Tight ass Tuesday, Hump day Wednesday and TGI Fridays but what's Thursday? Can someone enlighten me?

On Thursday, I set myself the task of operation clean out. Although I'm gradually converting to a minimalist lifestyle, having experienced life on limited funds I've also come to live with the "it might come good on a rainy day" rationale. But things are back on track and it's time to de-clutter with the new attitude of "why let it sit there when someone else could get some use out of it. I'll deal with it when I need it".

So I loaded up the car and took a trip down to Savers on Sydney Road for the big drop off.

I´ve heard good things about Savers but have never taken the time to pop in for a geezer until now. And boy was I charmed. From the young chap offering his help to lug the stuff from my car, to being given a Savers rewards card for donating, to finding a new skirt. And to top it off, staff are quite hard working and pleasant. It´s a shame you don´t get this kind of dedication at high end stores.

I could have bought loads but the goal was to de-clutter and not accumulate. So I just ended up with this skirt but in my eyes it´s more than just a skirt. Stay tuned for part 2!



Items that I had to exercise self control over were a pair of bamboo thrones and an ivory dress which would make an amazing modern day vintage chic wedding dress... where art thou Green Romeo?!

From this... to this



Such a rewarding day and for this I shall now refer to Thursday
as Thrifty Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment