Monday, April 5, 2010

Mineralogie Makeup - paraben free


Surprisingly, I am frequently told I have lovely skin. Now yes people tend to be polite in amongst my circles but really?? I seriously do not have that greatest of skin. All I can conclude is that it must be Mineralogie's Pressed Mineral Foundation which I use that gives me such glowing comments!

When mineral makeup hit the markets early 2000s, we were inundated with mineral this and mineral that. But it soon hit a wall when companies such as Loreal were found to be marketing their products as mineral makeup when only a small amount of minerals were used. This was disappointing but at least I knew where not to put my money. So began the hunt for "real" mineral makeup. And yes it does exist. I first started out with Bare ID minerals but they as with most others only came in powder form. Now this green chick is not a fan of the powder as it just scatters everywhere and I mean everywhere. On my clothes, on my dresser, on the floor, on the bed... get the picture...everywhere. So the hunt continued until I came across Mineralogie Pressed Mineral Foundation - the benefits of loose mineral foundation but in a convenient pressed compact. High 5!

So how is this "green"?

Mineralogie uses pure minerals to create its makeup. Minerals that are pure are free of talc, starch, perfumes, and other unhealthy substances found in traditional cosmetics.

My pressed foundation in particular is made with natural ingredients and pressed with sweet almond oil rather than paraben. Being paraben free is crucial to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment