Sunday, March 28, 2010

Can Recycle Fashion be Chic? Part 2


Recap:
To find a Gorman inspired outfit at the Sunday market


I love going to markets, Camberwell in particular. Predominantly a trash and treasure market but you'll also find vintage, emerging designers and other cool bits and bobs.

So what did I find? An awesome grey leather skirt with pockets (what a bonus!), a never used so so so soft scarf, a spotted tank plus a gorgeous off white lace-detailed top. Ok, the lace detailed top was not Gorman inspired but it was soo pretty and teamed with my new leather mini, so so me! Now obviously it's not an exact replica (did you really think it would be??) but i didn't do so bad. I like it and I'll definitely be wearing my new buys!




* All up cost me only $10 *
($7 for the clothes, $3 for the coffee!
LUV IT!)

Spotted - Simon & his significant other of Australian label Extinct scouring at the same market. Guess when they say "... Extinct doesn't deal in dinosaur bones. It does however take influence from the best of bygone fashion eras and makes them wearable today", we now know where that influence comes from! Not taking anything away from these guys, all their garments are made in Melbourne using Australian, NZ and Italian natural fabrics.

3 comments:

  1. Impressive! For recycled fashion I also love Take 2 Markets, Hunter Gatherer & Savers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What great buys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your purchases. I have been meaning to check out the Camberwell market for a while now - can't go this week but next week is looking like a must, thanks!

    ReplyDelete