Monday, November 22, 2010

Young Blood not True Blood

A beauty product review...

So at the start of the year I posted about the pressed mineral foundation I use which goes by the name Mineralogie. While I was happy with the product, I had run out and they had sold out, so it was time to find a backup.

Wondering through DJs I came across Australian brand Natio. Being so out of touch (as I tend to avoid big department stores), I was not aware they brought out a mineral pressed power. Scored. But on use, I realized it was just that, a power not a pressed mineral foundation, thus there was no coverage at all. So rather than waste a perfectly good product, I went on the search for something to complement this buy. Introducing Invisible Zinc Tinted Day wear, an Australian made tinted mineral moisturizer and sunscreen and winner of Cosmopolitan magazine 2010 Beauty Awards - Judges Choice. Now after having used the product, I now know why the brand have such stunning beauties as brand ambassadors, with the likes of Elle McPherson, and mother and daughter team Jerry Hall and Georgia Jagger. You see the product smells. Seriously, really smells to a point I was so conscious about it I tried to with much awkwardness avoid the obligatory kiss kiss. I am not overreacting as a comment was made. Aaaahhh embarrassment!! But yet not to waste both products I continued use. Whether a smart decision or not, its now at its end. During this time which felt like forever, I did google to find Young Blood, a mineral based cosmetic company offering what I was searching for, a mineral pressed foundation compact. Paraben free but unlike Mineralogie who uses sweet almond oil as a setting agent, Youngblood uses rice starch instead. Fortunately, this one's a winner and with over a hand full of stockist in Victoria, Ill never be without makeup again. Back to normality for this green chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment