Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kyneton knocks one out of the ball park


(Darthmouth Cottage ) (The Vintage Yard Sale)

The weekend past, my girlfriends and I made our way to the Macedon Ranges. Rain, hail ,shine (shine we did not get) didn't stop us, for we were craving some well deserved R&R.

3 Things we luved:
  • Our accommodation - a cozy country cottage in Woodend
  • Piper Street, Kyneton
  • Hanging Rock Sparkling rose` for Budburst Wine Festival
Piper Street Kyneton, absolutely luved. Picture this, a street made up of at least 2 chef hat restaurants, over a handful of quaint breakfast cafes, a Moroccan tapas joint, the much talked about Pizza Verde and my fav, Inner Biscuit, an organic patisserie and cafe. These photos might not do it justice but let me tell you, any place that offers a chocolate pistachio meringue, knows a thing or two about a way to a sweet tooth's heart! Oh and breakfast, apple and brie on sourdough, and cinnamon apple date chutney with feta and rocket bruschetta, were both delightful. Local produce, organic ingredients and coffee, this little green chick had thought she had died and gone to heaven.

I was also enchanted by the Vintage Yard Sale, so much so I now feel my life is close to complete! Everything I desire could be found here from furnishings to clothing to nick nacks. Now I'm thinking this would make a nice addition to my coastal eco-house I foresee myself living and working from in the future...! (one day... oh but when will my one day come?!)

Never thought I would be so eager to say this but, Kyneton anyone, like soonish?

No comments:

Post a Comment