Sunday, August 29, 2010

Findng treasure at The Treasury

Emma Grace - local fashion crusader with an appreciation for sustainability, brings us The Treasury.

¨The Treasury is about sustainable fashion – guiding people away from ‘throw-away culture’ and leading them back towards the way we used to live; where if something broke, you fixed it, and if you got bored of it, you made it into something new.¨

Welcoming us into her studio, she shares her craft and love of design with the unimaginative and proves that fashion and sustainability can live in harmony. For I, it was a case of killing 2 birds. My little box of beloved items that I no longer have any use for, a shame to trash and not really give away worthy, was to be given a new life. In what form? I was not quite sure but I was excited by the unknown.

While pieces I did construct, I had nothing on the other peeps who came loaded with goodies and ideas. De-constructed aluminum can bits, resin icecubes, typepad keys... I shall know for next time. And next time there will be as I am inspired. I´m now thinking a pair of cufflinks for the mister?

Intrigued? Well then, keep an eye out on Emma´s blog or if you want something like NOW, pop over to her website.

Emma also tells me she´ll be exhibiting some of her fine wares during Melbourne Spring Fashion Week at the Green is the New Black exhibition and cocktail night. Now that´s definitely worth a stickybeak!

2 comments:

  1. ooooh nice! I just found out about Emma through Peppermint mag - glad to see you've tried out already and will organise to do a class, thx for sharing Miss C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend. Spending a day at the Nicholas Building you will be inspired!

    ReplyDelete