Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Snug as a bug in EDUN



EDUN is more than just nude spelled backwards.

Most of us are sold on items that are glamorized by celebrities whether they be A grade or D grade celebs. Luckily for me my latest buy has both the celeb and eco cred. Not that I believe in the "if I wear a celeb endorsed product I am living the high life." But I do like to think I’m in pretty good company.


EDUN is not just another celebrity endorsed brand. It is however another one of Bono's do good projects that raises awareness through fashion. But his mission is larger than selling T-shirts, shrunken blazers and slim-cut denim pants with metallic stitching. The collection co-deisgned by Bono’s wife (Ali Hewson) and Rogan (New York clothing designer), is founded on the premise of trade not aid and promotes sustainable communities. By encouraging trade in Africa, it fosters financial growth that helps more Africans become self sufficient and less dependent on aid. Ethical and organic fabrics are used throughout and produced under ethical guidelines.

Each pair of jeans is inscribed:

“We carry the story of the people who make our clothes around with us.”


I do luv Bono, I do luv U2, so naturally I do luv EDUN.

Good music, Rockin fashion, Strong ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment