Saturday, October 9, 2010

Why Why Why???



One thing I have got to quit doing is asking myself the question WHY ME? While I embrace the whole "everything happens for a reason" aka FATE I can't help but question why sh*t things happen to me during the times I have been eagerly waiting for.

When I ask myself the question Why me? I seem to start questioning everything and start doubting myself which leads to frustration and stress. I am the root of my own stress. So what I need to do is avoid self-doubt and put myself in non-superficial situations. It is then I am at ease. However, what is stressful to one may not be stressful to another. While I am a happy go lucky person, I am only happy go lucky when I am not constrained by time and when there is mutual respect within the environment one is in. Some people thrive on the sense of urgency, I prefer a smooth process where things just falls into place as I find there is some kind of "realness" in it, whereas the other is really just finding quick solutions to inefficiencies. I HATE inefficiencies, it destroys me as life is too precious to be wasted on inefficiencies. Which is why I have changed my path in life. I have new priorities which kind of aligns with Erik Dammann, Norwegian author, environmentalist and founder of The Future in Our Hands organization, idea of wanting "society to arrange things to allow for more part-time work and similar solutions promoting more sustainable consumption." Having received 'The Right Livelihood Award', more commonly known as the "Alternative Nobel Prize", for challenging Western values and lifestyles in order to promote a more responsible attitude to the environment and the third world, Dammann is not just a man of blubbering words.

No comments:

Post a Comment