Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Do your bit with just one call

I live in the City of Yarra. As a renter I don't really take much notice of what's happening in my municipality but you know I really should.

What I didn't realise and I reckon most residents don't either is that we don't have to dump our hard rubbish on the streets. While leaving hard rubbish on the kerb can be seen as a generous way of letting go of items, it's also a fast track way of sending items to landfill. And we want to avoid landfill as items sent to landfill increases greenhouse gases.

So how has the City of Yarra address this issue? They have set up a hotline (03) 9205 5190 for residents who wish to request a hard or green waste collection.
By having council collect our hard/green waste, they are in a better position to dispose, recycle and recover items for re-use.

One phone call, too friggin easy don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment