Saturday, January 15, 2011

Green Food Generation

They say money is the root of all evil, yet it is money that makes the world go round. Go figure.

One of many of the problems I think exist in this world is that we value things not according to what we truly like but rather we base it on the expected value influenced the false belief of celebrity status.

Recently, I was given a book as a result of a tweet (power of twitter, hey?). I was slightly shocked that a person I have never met was so willing to give me their copy. Being someone who can't simply accept a person's act of kindest, I offered an exchange. It would seem for them, they valued baked goodies higher than holding onto this book. No mula was exchanged and we both were left pleased with our new items.

I absolutely adore this type of act and I think twitter maybe just be the way we can exchange goods/services to reduce our carbon footprint. Rather than our collection of useless items taking up space or going into landfill, it is found a home. It is more than just an exchange, the added value comes from learning the history of how the item came into possession. But I guess that's sibjective as while I value knowing, others may not.

What is this book? Green Food Generation - a culinary adventure by Haydon Wood. It's a book that has selected restaurants around Australia who are conscious on how their operations affect the environment. Quite a wordy book but the images will keep you going. Receipes you will find but whether they are nice and simple, one has yet to test. For I, great to know whereever I travel in Australia I'll be able to find quality wholesome food, but will I really travel with this book, probably not. I'll just note down the restaurants and pass it on!

Thanks GreenRenters for getting in touch. The whole experience has been more than just a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment